Teachers, researchers and graduate students are working as a team to document the implementation of a safe school system created at Corrine A. Seeds University Elementary School (UES). Developed under the leadership of a UES health educator and a UCLA Department of Psychology faculty member, the system has been at UCLA Lab School for almost six years and has attracted interest from educators, parents and the national news media. CONNECT is working with UCLA Lab School and Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District (SMMUSD) to explore means for using Cool Tools in the district and to follow up with systematic research on the effectiveness of the methods.
- How Art Transforms Learning at the UCLA Lab School
- Worldbuilders and Storytellers: A Creative Play-Based Approach for Literacy Learning
- Counting Collections at Home: Supporting Young Mathematicians in the Remote Learning Context
- Connecting Primary Sources, Children’s Books, and Social Studies
- Family Storytelling in Remote Learning