This year, Drs. Nicole Mancevice (Principal Investigator) and Lab School’s Vice Principal Renata Gusmão-Garcia Williams will collaborate to study UCLA Lab School’s implementation of Children’s Land in Early Childhood classrooms. Children’s Land is a nature-based curriculum approach that the school plans to implement during the 2023-2024 academic year. Given that this is the school’s first year implementing Children’s Land, the research will focus on documenting and mapping how the approach is incorporated within the school context and curricula as well as initial reflections related to program outcomes. The research will include: teacher interviews; classroom observations, photographs, and audio recordings; and collecting planning and classroom documents regarding the Children’s Land approach implementation. Any questions about the project can be directed to Dr. Nicole Mancevice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Art Transforms Learning at the UCLA Lab School
- Worldbuilders and Storytellers: A Creative Play-Based Approach for Literacy Learning
- Counting Collections at Home: Supporting Young Mathematicians in the Remote Learning Context
- Connecting Primary Sources, Children’s Books, and Social Studies
- Family Storytelling in Remote Learning